Trust your eyes with Stanford-trained Dr. William Ellis – one of the most experienced surgeons in the nation!
William Ellis, M.D., F.A.C.S
B.S. cum laude, Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California
M.D. Degree, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
Surgical internship, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
National Heart Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Ophthalmology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California
American Board of Ophthalmology,
American College of Eye Surgeons:
- Diplomate in Cataract and Intraocular Implant Surgery
- Diplomate in Incisional Keratotomy
- Diplomate in LASIK
Physician and Surgeon:
- California License
- Maryland License
- Missouri License
- Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs License
State license eligible in the 45 states accepting successful completion of all three parts of the examination of the National Board of Medical Examiners.
CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR, PRESBY CORPORATION:
Clinical Investigator for segmental procedure for the reversal of presbyopia.
United States Patent No. 5,376,099 for the under-cutting diamond surgical knife used internationally for enhancing RK effect.
Tau Beta Pi and Eta Kappa Nu
- Alta Bates/Herrick, Berkeley, CA
- Doctors Hospital, San Pablo, CA
- Children’s Hospital, Oakland, CA
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – Fellow
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American College of Eye Surgeons – Fellow (Board Certified in Refractive Keratotomy)
- California Medical Association
- International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty
- Kerato-Refractive Society
- Pacific Coast Oto-Ophthalmology Society
- American Board of Eye Surgery (Certification in Cataract Implant Surgery)
- American College of Surgeons-Fellow
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco
- Society for Geriatric Ophthalmology
- The Berkeley Course on Radial Keratotomy, Director
- Vice President of the Society for the Advancement of Laser Technology
- Vice President Emeritus of Society of Advancement of LASIK technology
Presidents Circle U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
- Ophthalmosurgery, Moscow, Russia
- Appointed to the Editorial Board of Ophthalmosurgery, Russia
Endowed and funded the William Ellis Vision Research Prize for Excellence in Vision Research Awarded yearly to a graduating senior, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
18-year member Rotary International. Fellow Elliot Society, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
Conducted bioengineering research during senior year at UC Berkeley School of engineering and voted Alumni Scholar during senior year.
Preceptorship in ophthalmic plastic surgery with Dr. Crowell Beard.
Dr. Ellis’ textbook, “Radial Keratotomy and Astigmatism Surgery” has gone through three editions, and the latest edition, “Keratotomy Surgery for Myopia, Hyperopia and Astigmatism,” (323 pages) is used worldwide a basic medical text on this subject.
Chairperson of a one-hour symposium on the “Surgical Correction of Astigmatism” at the Twenty-Sixth International Congress of Ophthalmology, Singapore.
Founder and Director of the Berkeley California Refractive Surgery Course, with an average attendance of thirty or more ophthalmologists from all over the world each year.
- Licensed General Class Amateur Radio Operator
- Licensed Single & Multi-Engine Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
- Licensed Glider Pilot
- Certified Scuba Diver